Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Sister

Hello Mech Fans

Vettie here with a short blog for this week.

I lost my sister to a terrible car accident this week and I have been very busy doing some family things and trying to help with the final arrangements. She lived about an hour south of where I live in a more rural area.

My sister was almost 10 years older than me and lived a very good life. She had had some medical issues in the latter years including a couple of heart attacks. She was NOT a smoker and she was NOT overweight, she just had some issues.

On Tuesday of last week, she had some sort of seizure and was hospitalized because of it. They released her on Wednesday and on her way from the hospital to her work, she apparently suffered another seizure and died while driving. The vehicle she was driving obviously left the road and ran several hundred yards of the side until it struck some trees. After crashing into the trees, the vehicle then ignited and burned completed before fire and rescue teams made it to the scene. My sister was still inside the vehicle when the fire teams managed to extinguish the fire. The state forensic lab did tell us that she did not suffer the fire as she had passed prior to the vehicle igniting.

My sister had brought two wonderful boys into this world. The Oldest son, John, is in the U.S. Air Force, Special Forces stationed in Qatar (spelling?) on station somewhere in Iraq. Bless his soul for having to find out about his mother from his commanding officer. They sent him home for services and he arrived this weekend. The Youngest son, Joshua, lives near me and was one of the 1st (of the family) to discover what had happened. Again, thoughts, blessings and prayers to him and for him. They are both exceptional young men and just two of the greatest guys you would want to know.

Its rough news to take in that a family member has just died in such a terrible way, especially a mother or a sister. I am still shaken by the entire event and I guess I am still in the disbelief or bewilderment stage. I mean, I know it happened and I have talked to the funeral directors and even my pastor but I still find it hard to believe.

Let me just throw this out there for those of you that have family members that you no longer live with or maybe had a falling out with or, for whatever reason, you just don’t talk to them much or at all, take a minute and call them. Tell them you don’t want anything, that you don’t need anything, that you’re not mad about anything, and that nothing else really matters, but you just wanted them to know you were thinking about them. Not only should you do that, but do it every so often. I will not get that chance. I sure wish I had that chance, or more so, I wish I had taken that chance because now my sister is gone and I cant remember the last time I spoke to her. All I had to do was pick up the damn phone, dial her number and say hello, you’re my sister and I love you, talk to you later. Don’t let this happen to you. Get in touch and just let whoever it is know you care. Both parties will feel better for it.

I don’t mean to get all mushy and whiny, so please bear with me. The past 3 or 4 years haven’t been overly kind to me, losing my mom, my sister and having many medical issues of my own.

I just needed to get some thoughts out into the air and now I have. Thank you guys for being here and reading this. I’ll get back to meching real soon. Remember what I said and reach out to your family members or close friends and tell them you care. I know life is very busy for every one, but its worth it in the long run.

God Bless you Sis, you are going to be missed. We love you.

6 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear about the lose of a dear family member. I know it will be hard for a while. I lost my dad 3 years ago Febuary and to this day it still feels like my heart is being squeezed when I think about him. My heart goes out to you in this time of need.

    -- shayz

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi vettie. sorry about your loss bro.strenght be with you, in this time.
    sudden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your loss man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hay Vett i was just searching around google to look for a way to manually add the pr1 files without the automated patcher and i so happend to stumble uppon this place. And to be honest i damn near slapped myself for not finding it sooner. Your a great writter and a humble person from what i have read so far. You drew me into your writting and to tell u the truth its verry hard to get me the way u did i hate to read. anyways I'm sad to hear that your sister died and i hope things get better for you. If i ever get the dang patch to work i hope i may enjoy a few games with you. that is if u play pr1 on mekmatch. anyways I'll catch ya later. my ign is «†~Athanos~†» master scat pilot. I hope this blog stays alive for much time to come. Later man.

    oh and sorry for any grammer and spelling mistakes (I wasnt blessed with silk fingers but a toung is a different story all togetherlol anywas cya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chief, I kind of feel your pain, So far, I haven't lost any brothers or sisters, but I have lost 2 very good friends and a sister-in-law - all in a span of about three years.
    I'm sure that fact that you were there for your nephews made a good impression on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your sister :(

    I was wondering where you were. (had to come looking)

    My deepest condolences to you and you family.

    Oneshot

    ReplyDelete