Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What Would You Do?

What would I be doing?

Interesting question. What would I be doing? I mean what would I be doing IF I weren't doing what I am doing.

Let me put it another way. I am retired. Not rich, on a very limited income but I dont have too many bills. I am single. Yes I have have a girlfriend, but this is a 'what if' sort of thing. My kids are either done with college, or the last one is in college.

I have no ties, nothing to hold me back, except expenses. I have no savings (reference above, the part about the kids are done with college, less one still attending) to speak of. My expenses are not so much.

So what WOULD I be doing? I love the music thing and dealing with people on trades and buys and sales. I also love playing on the computer, whether it reading forums or articles or actually playing MW4.

I like to sight see. I love going to different parts of the US that I have visited before or have never been too at all.

I COULD live anywhere I wanted (again no ties), but if I did relocate, what would I do once I got there? I mean I like going to the beach, but I dont like just laying around even just on the beach. I am not much for drinking so the bar thing isnt so much for me except checking out the bands. I love the mountains too, but again, what would I do there?

I cant see me sitting around in some hotel room all day waiting on the local music hall to open to go see a band and I dont play pool. I only get my hair cut about twice a year, so no hanging at the barber shop.

I guess I could pull a Cosmo Kramer and just show up to work somewhere and do stuff until they figured out that I dont really work there.

There's no money in building computers for people, altho I do pick up some extra $ now and then repairing them or upgrading them for folks, and besides, I dont have enough cash for a brick and mortar store front (they want rent even if you dont do any business, and the utility company is the same way).

I could open a bar and have bands there, but again it takes up front cash to get started.

I could spend my days driving from point a to point b and my nights checking out stuff wherever I was, and If I liked it, I could stay a little longer than a day or two. But wouldnt that get old? Wouldnt you just want a place to come home to?

If I really really thought about it, I would probably love to do SOME of all of that stuff, but I am pretty happy doing what I am doing.

What about you? If you were to do something different from what you are doing (for a living that is), what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment