Saturday, November 3, 2007

THE MAD CAT

Here is a screen shot pic of one of my favourite Mad Cats.

Loaded with Reflective armour it has 4 ERLL with BAP and LAMs. The speed is set to 75kph and it has lots of heat sinks (16).

I am well aware that you can fit 5 or even 6 ERLLs on a Maddy (even with reflective armour, its still possilbe), but I prefer my mechs to run where I dont have to worry about them shutting down.

My thought on this is that my alpha may not be as big as yours (alpha envy?) but I can shoot a lot longer than you can without shutting down or even flushing coolant.

The reflective armour makes this mech tough as nails against incoming laser fire (even against PPCs) and just as tough as Ferro against ballistics or CapPPCs.

With the 4 ERLLs, you can alpha or fire in groups of two or chain fire when it starts heating up. These things hurt and they get the job done, but as a pilot, you just have to be patient, you are not going to get many 1 or 2 shot kills with this one against heavy or assault mechs. Use the lasers Luke. Have patience, it will pay off for you.

I do not use the zoom function very often when I shoot, even at a distance. Some people use it alot. For this mech and for those who do use zoom, drop one of the heat sinks and add the enhanced optics options. This give the Mad Cat a nice big screen tv view from inside the cockpit and allows you to hit the same panel on an enemy mech over and over from the full 800 meter range until the enemy mech is destroyed.

This particular variant runs a tad bit hotter than I normally like to have my configs (especially for all energy based configs) but it does cool relatively fast (depending on the map) and you can use your coolant. When it starts to heat up, back off the guns a bit. 15 or 16 heat sinks bring the heat down fairly well. Save your coolant, use it if you have to, but go easy on it.

Give this one a go and see what you can do with it. I would like to see more Mad Cats on the field of battle. It (The Mad Cat) used to be one of the best mechs in the game, now its just a mech in the game. Bring back the glory! Try a Mad Cat for 30 days and see if you cholesterol level changes? What have you got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment