Friday, November 2, 2007


This is mech lab screen pic of one of my Atlas configs.

My current installation of MechWarrior Mercs utilizes the MP302B MekPak from our friends at Mektek and is enhanced by our friends at Mechstorm using the High Definition Pak.

My naming convention is relatively simple. I am an old guy and I have over 1375 pre-built configs in my mech inventory so I have a hard time remembering what is on each on.

I name them by the type of armour, FF = Ferro Fibrous, Gs = Reactive (Gun safe) or Ls = Reflective (Laser Safe).

This is followed by the speed of the mech and then by what electronics are installed.

Next I list the weapons installed. Ballistics are listed first (heaviest hitter to the lightest hitter) then beam weapons (same order) and finally missiles. IF the are loaded with an extra round of ammo (or more) they get a 'd' or 'D' designation to indicate 'double ammo'

This convention allows me a quick look in game or in the mech lab to tell what is loaded on the Mech, the speed and type of armour all in just a glance.

This Atlas is named - FF69EBLIA MGax4CPPC. This may look like code or garbage, but for me it is real simple. The mech has Ferro Armour, 69kph speed with ECM, BAP, LAMs, IFF and Advanced Gyro. The Weapons are 3 Mini Gauss and CapPPC (PPC with Capacitor).

Almost all of my configs are fully armoured or near fully armoured and I try to keep the heat index in the green ro at lest in the yellow so I have no need to list the number of heat sinks.

Some players give their mechs real names like 'HellBent' or 'The Devestator' or 'Fluffy'. I simply have too many mech to remember what is on them, that, and I and old. I suggest you use something that works for you, but this works for me.

One more thing, ALL my configs are puretech. Puretech is the use of Clan technology on Clan Battlemechs and the use of Inner Sphere Technology on Inner Sphere battlemechs. No mixing or cross teching. This is the style of game play I choose to play and it is standard fare in Sunder and my server. Forced First Person view is the other option I choose to play.

IF you play mis tech of 3rd Person view, I say good for you, at least you play! I am not opposed to people playing that way, it is just not my chosen way of play. To each their own.

Vettie out...

No comments:

Post a Comment